Banking & Financial Awareness
- Who has announced two contests to promote innovations and ideas in the payment and settlement system Reserve Bank of India
- Shortlisted participants will get an opportunity to present their ideas before a jury of eminent persons while outstanding innovators will be awarded prizes and
- The contest will be organized through the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT),
- The submissions can be made under the categories of Offline payments, Payment options for feature phone users, Simple and easy Know Your Customer,
- Who has tied-up with Religare Health Insurance to offer a product which covers health, death and illness PNB MetLife India Insurance Co.
- The tie-up will offer the additional earning opportunity for the life insurer’s distribution channel
- The product will be a seamless integration exercise to ensure that it comes as a single policy to a
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed Jai Bhagwan Bhoria as the PMC bank’s Note:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has superseded the Board of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank Limited,
- According to an official release, the amount of withdrawal from the bank allowed to depositors has been increased from one thousand to ten thousand
- The RBI’s directives will remain in force for a period of six
- Who has signed a MoU with the Indian Army, under which the bank will offer customized services, along with a host of facilities to account holders Bank of Baroda
- The MoU includes free personal accident insurance cover, free air accident insurance cover of ₹15 lakh to ₹50 lakh,
and an overdraft facility up to three times the monthly salary
- The features are also applicable for pensioners of the Indian Army up to the age of 70
- Who has launched a computer-generated Document Identification Number (DIN) to ensure greater transparency and accountability in tax administration Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- According to the CBDT, the DIN system becomes operative from 1 October
- This system will apply to all kinds of communications from the income tax department, whether it is related to assessment, appeals, investigation, penalty, and rectification among other
- This system would also help taxpayers detect fake notices and letters as the notice would be verifiable on the department’s e-filing
- India’s private sector bank ‘Axis Bank’ has announced the launch a digital fixed deposit (FD) product Express Note:
- It allows the customer to open an FD account in three minutes through the digital mode without opening a savings account with the
- ‘Express FD’ offers attractive interest rates, zero issuance fees and no penalty on pre-mature withdrawal of up to 25% of the
- A customer can open an Express FD account by investing a minimum Rs 5,000 up to Rs 90,000, for a tenure of 6 to 12
- Public sector lender has launched three new digital products namely UCash, Digilocker and an App Uco
- UCash enables customers to withdraw money from ATMs through mobile banking without using debit
- Digilocker aims to eliminate the use of physical documents and enables sharing of verified electronic
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its fourth bi-monthly monetary policy review, reduced the policy repo rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) by 25 point basis
- The Repo Rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) reduced by 25 basis points to 15 percent from
5.40 percent with immediate effect.
- Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF stands reduced to 90 percent.
- The Bank Rate and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate are reduced to 40 percent.
- Reserve Bank of India has also reduced the Real GDP Growth for 2019-20 from 9% to 6.1%
Current Policy Rates:
|Policy Repo Rate||5.15%|
|Reverse Repo Rate||4.90 %|
|Marginal Standing Facility Rate||5.40%|
- Legendary Mexican singer passed away at a hospital in Florida Jose
- Jose Jose was often called ‘El Principe de la Cancion’ or ‘The Prince of Song,
- His most successful album, Secretos was released in
- In a career of more than four-decade, the singer sold millions of albums and picked by 6 Grammy
- Renowned international opera star passed away at New York hospital in the USA Jessye
- She established herself in Europe in the 1970s and made her debut at the Metropolitan Opera in New York in
- Norman earned many prestigious Kennedy Center Honor (in 1997), a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award (in 2006); a National Medal of Arts (in 2009) and France’s Legion d’Honneur.
- The doyen of nutrition research in India passed away in Chennai Colathur
- Gopalan was a recipient of the Padma Shri and the Padma
- Dr Gopalan held eminent positions, including being the Director of the National Institute of a Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad, and the Director-General of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) from 1973-79.
- Centenarian philatelist and coin collector passed away at his residence Krishna Gopalkrishna
- He started his career as a revenue inspector and retired as a special deputy commissioner at the Regional
Commissioner’s Office in Belagavi.
- He was the first tahsildar of Panaji after the liberation of Goa from Portuguese
- He was a recipient of a gold medal from the Government of India for having a unique collection of stamps of Mahatama Gandhi released by 64
- He had founded the Philatelic and Currency Collectors Association in
- Indian-Origin Journalist in South Africa passed away Farook
- A prominent Indian-origin journalist in South Africa and cultural activist passed away in his hometown Durban after battling
- He was famous for his investigative reporting during
- Farook Khan started the Miss India South Africa Pageant as part of the Miss India Worldwide
- The International Day of Older Persons is observed every year on 1st October. Note:
- The day raise awareness about issues affecting the elderly, such as senescence and elder
- It is also a day to appreciate the contributions that older people make to
- The theme of the 2019 commemoration is ‘The Journey to Age Equality’.
- The Military Nursing Service celebrating its 94th Raising Note:
- On the occasion, nursing officers will re-dedicate themselves to render high quality, selfless nursing care to their patients by reading the Florence Nightingale
- The Military Nursing Service (MNS) came into on 28th March 1888 with the arrival of the first batch of 10 qualified British Nurses in Bombay, to organize nursing in Military hospitals in
- In 1893, it was designated as Indian Army Nursing Service and in 1902 as Queen Alexandra Military Nursing
- The 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi was celebrated across the country on 2nd Note:
- Every year on 2 October, the birth anniversary of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi is observed with prayer services and tributes across the
- Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2 October 1869 in Porbandar, This day is also celebrated as World Non- Violence Day.
- Mahatma Gandhi was shot dead by Nathuram Godse on 30th January,
- World Teachers’ Day or International Teachers’ Days is being celebrated across the world on 5th Note:
- It is being held annually since 1994 to commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 ILO/UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of
- The Recommendation concerning the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel was adopted in 1997 to complement the 1966 Recommendation by covering teaching and research personnel in higher
- An Indian Information Service (IIS) officer has been appointed as the 28th principal spokesperson of the Union government Kuldeep Singh
- He has replaced Sitanshu Kar.
- Dhatwalia has been posted as the new principal director general of the Press Information Bureau (PIB), the publicity wing of the central government.
- Currently, Mr Dhatwalia was serving as the Director-General (DG) Training and Research in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, besides holding the charge of the DG of the Indian Institute Mass Communication (IIMC).
- The government has appointed an eminent economist as the Executive Director for India on the board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Surjit S
- Surjit S Bhalla will succeed former RBI deputy governor Subir Gokarn who died in the US on July 30 after a brief
- In December last year, he resigned as a part-time member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM).
- Air Marshal has been appointed as the chief of South Western Air Command SK Note:
- He replaced Air Marshal H S Arora, who moved to Air Headquarters as the Vice-Chief of Air
- Prior to assuming the present appointment, Air Marshal Ghotia was the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Training
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah flagged off the Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express from the New Delhi Railway Station to
- Train number 22439 New Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express will depart from the New Delhi Railway Station at 6 am to reach Katra at 2
- En route, the train will halt at Ambala Cantt, Ludhiana and Jammu Tawi for two minutes
- This is the second Vande Bharat Express, the first runs between Delhi and
- Former India captain resigned from the Cricket Advisory Committee of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Kapil
- Kapil Dev resigned as the chief of the CAC days after Shanta Rangaswamy stepped down from the 3-member
- Kapil did not reveal the reason for his resignation but wrote an email to the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA), informing them about his
- The CAC was tasked with the role of picking the head coaches of India women’s and men’s cricket Kapil-led CAC had conducted interviews and re-appointed Ravi Shastri as head coach of the senior national team.
- Who has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Punjab National Bank SS Mallikarjuna Rao
- Presently, Rao is the chief executive of Allahabad Bank, which is going to be merged with the Indian Bank.
- Mr Rao will head the Delhi-based PNB till September 18,
- He will replace Sunil Mehta in PNB, which is currently under a process of three-way amalgamation with the Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) and the United Bank of
- Who has been named as Managing Director (MD) and Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) designate of the Tata Communications Amur
- Lakshminarayanan comes with 35 years of experience in a broad range of leadership roles across industries and regions across the world, the company said in a
- Oil India Limited has appointed new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Sushil Chandra
- He played a key role in framing and implementing procurement policies and procedures for inventory management, vendor development, framework agreement and its related
- He acquired significant Board level exposure at corporate office at the time of launch of OIL’s IPO in 2009 and developing the Strategic Plan
Important News – India
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has launched the website of 11th edition of DefEXpo, to be held in Note:
- The website ‘defexpo.gov.in’ provides online services to exhibitors, besides hosting informative content about the product profile of Defence Public Sector Undertakings and Ordnance
- Exhibitors can avail early bird discounts by booking space on the website before the 31st of next
- The website enables exhibitors to register and book space online as per their requirements on the first-come- first-serve basis, make online payments, book
- Country’s first corporate sector train will provide compensation to the passengers on late arrival
- Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will pay compensation of 100 rupees if the train is late for more than one hour and 250 rupees for more than two
- The Railway Board also issued an order of compensation on 1st
- This will be the first time that the railway will compensate passengers on the delay of the
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) is organizing India Economic Summit (IES) in New Note:
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has organized a two-day India Economic Summit (IES) from 3rd – 4th October 2019 in New
- The summit is being hosted in collaboration with Industry body Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The summit will be co-chair by Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheiikh Hasina along with Singapore Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee
- Tennis star Sania Mirza representing UN Women in the
- New book titled ‘The Tech Whisperer’ written by Jaspreet Note:
- A new book titled “The Tec Whisperer” which features chapters on Artificial Intelligence is
- The book will describe and simplify “emerging technologies like AI, blockchain, Internet of things, virtual reality,”
and talk about how companies can employ these to drive their digital transformation
- A book titled ‘India and the Netherlands – Past, Present and Future,’ was released in Amsterdam Venu Note:
- The book gives an insight into the cross-cultural legacy between the two countries and was released at a function attended by the king and queen of the
- The seminar, jointly organized by the Embassy of India and the Royal Asian Art Society, was held at the Rijksmuseum (National Museum),
- The book highlights the significant place India occupied in the Dutch worldview and the relationship between the two nations secured by strong economic ties and vibrant exchanges in culture, sports, and
- Who successfully test-fired a land-attack version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Chandipur coast in Odisha’s Balasore district DRDO.
- BrahMos is the world’s fastest supersonic missile, which can fly at almost three times the speed of
- It has been fitted with increased indigenous equipment and is a version used by the
- The BrahMos is a medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarine, ships, aircraft, or
- It is a joint venture between the Russian Federation’s NPO Mashinostroyeniya and India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) who together have formed BrahMos
- Who launched Audio Guide facility App “Audio Odigos” for 12 sites of India Ministry of Note:
- On occasion of “Paryatan Parv 2019” Ministry of Tourism has launched the Audio Guide facility Audio Odigos for 12 sites of India (including Iconic Sites).
- Audio Guide: Audio Oligos, offers Government of India verified content, with visuals & voice over With Audio Odigos, tourists will now enjoy a more enriching experience and take back historical insights into the Indian culture and heritage.
- On 150th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared India as Open Defecation Free (ODF).
- On 02nd October, the ‘Swachh Bharat Divas’ program was organized in Sabarmati, Ahmedabad where PM Modi announced the country to be open defecation
- During the event, the PM Modi released commemorative Rs 150 coins on Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth
- According to the PM Modi, under the massive, Swachh Bharat Mission India has built almost 11 crore toilets for about 60 crore people in just a period of 60
- The Union government has launched a portal for better coordination among the ministries of power, coal and Indian Railways for coal supply to power plants
- The Prakash portal will enable all stakeholders to monitor coal right from mines to
- This is a laudable project in ensuring adequate availability optimum utilisation of coal at thermal power
- The Portal is designed to help in mapping and monitoring the entire coal supply chain for power
- The country’s first corporate train has been flagged by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow Tejas
- The train will run on the Lucknow-New Delhi The Tejas Express will reach the destination in 6.15 hours
- According to the schedule, the train will leave Lucknow at 10 am and reach New Delhi Railway station at 12.25 pm. On its return journey, the train will leave Delhi at 3.35 pm and reach Lucknow at 10.05 pm.
- The Tejas Express will have only two halts — Kanpur and
- Tejas is the first train run by IRCTC the subsidiary of the Indian
- The Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC)-2019 was inaugurated at Goa. Note:
- The Conclave was conducted by Naval War
- The 31stedition of the Naval War College Journal was also released by the NSA on the
- The theme for the conclave is “Common Maritime Priorities in IOR and need for Regional Maritime Strategy”.
- The sub-theme for the first session was “Opportunities and Challenges in IOR”.
- The 20th National Health Informatics conference will be held on February 7 and 8 2020 in Note:
- The conference will be jointly organised by the Health Informatics and Information Management Association (HIIMA), Kerala, and the Health Records Association of India
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India jointly launched Youth Co:Lab.
- To mark the launch, a Letter of Intent (LOI) was signed between AIM, NITI Aayog and UNDP
- Through Youth Co:Lab, young entrepreneurs and innovators will get a chance to connect with governments, mentors, incubators and investors, who will help equip them with entrepreneurial
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is all set to have a permanent deployment of more than 300 highly trained personnel at Baglihar Hydro Electric Power Plant in Jammu and
- This Hydroelectric Power Project is one of the most sensitive hydroelectric Recently, the security forces gunned down two militants along with a top Hizbul Mujahideen commander.
- Baglihar Dam also known as Baglihar Hydroelectric Power Project, is a run-of-the-river power project on the Chenab River in the Ramban district of the Indian state of Jammu and
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has launched the Trans-Fat Free logo. Note:
- The logo can be used by the Food establishments which use trans-fat free fats/oil and do not have industrial trans- fat more than 2g/100g of food, in compliance with the Food Safety and Standards (Advertising and Claims) Regulations, 2018.
- The logo can be voluntarily used by food business operators in their outlets and also on food
Important News – State
- A Gandhi film festival is being organized by Films Division in association with India Tourism in Note:
- This film festival (Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary) will focus on Gandhiji’s message of non-violence and Swachh
- The select documentaries and feature films will be screened at the Films Division Complex, including, The Making of Mahatma, Gandhi, Gandhi My Father and Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin
- The state government has signed an agreement with Dalmia Cement a cement company to make the state plastic-free by 2022
- The objective of this agreement is to turn plastic waste into fuel for their cement plants and at the same time ensure that all the environmental standards are
- The agreement was signed during an official programme in Shillong to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma
- The state has announced a ban on Paan masala containing magnesium carbonate, nicotine, tobacco, mineral oil and flavored ‘supari’ in the state Rajasthan government.
- All such products will now be banned in the State under the Food Safety This is an important decision taken to curb addiction among youth.
- Production, storage, distribution and sale of these products will not be allowed in the
- With this, Rajasthan has become the third state after Maharashtra and Bihar to announce such a
- India’s largest charkha or spinning wheel, made of used plastic waste was inaugurated in Note:
- The 1,650-kg spinning wheel has been installed in Sector 94 near the Mahamaya
- According to officials, the charkha, which symbolises Mahatma Gandhi’s dream of Swadeshi (self-sufficing and self- reliance), measures 14 ft by 20 ft by 8 ft and is made of 1,250 kg of used
- The charkha has been recognized as the largest made of used plastic waste in the country by India Book of
- Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik has formally launched the governance people-centric initiative Mo Sarkar
- The objective of the programme is to provide service to people, coming to government offices, with
- All the departments dealing with the delivery of public services will implement the Mo Sarkar programme by March 5,
- As part of the initiative, the government will collect feedback on the behaviour and professionalism of government
- Andhra Pradesh CM, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the YSR Vahana Mitra Note:
- Under this scheme, the government will provide Rs 10,000 allowance to self-employed drivers of autos, taxis and taxi
- The amount of Rs 10,000 is for the recurring expenses like insurance and maintenance of the vehicle to procure fitness
- The allowance of Rs 10,000 would be given every year and the amount will be credited into the bank accounts
- The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) and the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) have joined hands to set up
the country’s first e-waste clinic in Bhopal.
- It would enable segregation, processing, and disposal of waste from both household and commercial
- The clinic is a three-month pilot project, if successful, would be replicated elsewhere in the
- Electronic waste will be collected door-to-door or could be deposited directly at the clinic in exchange for a
- Justice Satish Kumar Mittal resigned from the post of Lokpal in April 2018 and became the chairman of Haryana
Human Rights Commission, since then this post was lying vacant.
- Justice Sharma had worked as an advocate in Punjab and Haryana High Court from 1974 till his elevation as Judge of Punjab and Haryana High Court on March
Important News – World
- India and Kazakhstan conducted Joint Military Exercise ‘KAZIND-2019’ at Pithoragarh,
- The exercise will comprise of nearly 100 soldiers from both Indian and Kazakhstan Army.
- Exercise ‘KAZIND-2019’ is the fourth edition of an annual event which is conducted alternatively in Kazakhstan and
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct company level joint training with the emphasis on counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain.
- China unveiled the DF-41 intercontinental-range ballistic missile, touted to be the most powerful missile on the planet at the National Day parade in
- DF-41 has a range of up to 9,320 miles (15,000 kilometers), more than any missile on
- According to the Missile Defense Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, the missile is capable of carrying 10 independently targeted nuclear warheads and could theoretically, hit the United States in 30
- The DF-41 was unveiled during the National Day parade, as China observed its 70th anniversary of Communist
- According to the IMD Smart City Index, who is the smartest city in the world
- The first edition of the IMD Smart City Index 2019 ranks 102 cities
- Zurich ranked second and Oslo is the third smartest city in the
- The other smartest cities in the list are Geneva (4th), Copenhagen (5th), Auckland (6th), Taipei City (7th), Helsinki (8th), Bilbao (9th) and Dusseldorf (10th).
- The index assesses a city’s efforts and success in embracing smart technologies to improve the lives of its citizens,
thus being able to rate each city on a certain level of ‘smartness’.
- Indian city Hyderabad ranked 67 in the list, while the capital of India, New Delhi is the 68th smart city in the
- The Minister of Telecommunications and Information Technology of the Palestine Authority (PA), Ishaq Sadar, released the ticket in the presence of Sunil Kumar, India’s representative in the
- In the Global Firepower’s 2019 Military Strength Ranking, the Indian military has been ranked as the strongest military power in South Asia.
- Pakistan has been ranked second and Bangladesh is ranked the third most powerful military power in South
- In the world ranking, the United States has topped the list, followed by Russia, and
- The military strengths of 137 countries in total have been considered in the
- Who has launched an unmanned spacecraft towards the International Space Station
- The H-2B rocket lifted off at 1:05 am local time (1605 GMT Tuesday) with cargo vessel
- The launch took place from the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency’s Tanegashima Space Center in southwestern
- Kounotori8, meaning “white stork” in Japanese, intends to deliver about 3 tonnes of supplies to astronauts at the ISS, including fresh food and water as well as batteries and devices needed for experiments.
- The festival of Fulpati is being celebrated with gaiety and religious fervor in.
- Fulpati is observed on the seventh day of the Dashain
- In Nepali, “Ful” means flower and “Pati” means leaves and
- There is a tradition in Nepal to bring nine types of Fulpati into homes on the seventh day of
- The fourth joint military exercise between India and Kazakhstan that began in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand KAZIND-2019.
- The exercise was inaugurated by Brig SK Mandal, Commander of the 111 Independent Infantry
- According to military officials, this joint exercise will enhance defence cooperation between the two countries as well as strengthen bilateral
- The soldiers of both the countries involved in Kajind-2019 will be trained in counter-insurgency, counter- terrorism operations in forests and hilly
- The 14th edition of Indo – Mongolian joint military training, Exercise Nomadic Elephant–XIV started on 5th Note:
- The exercise will be conducted from 05 to 18 Oct 19 at In this exercise, the Indian Army is being represented by a battalion of the RAJPUTANA RIFLES Regiment.
- Nomadic Elephant – XIV is the fourteenth edition between the two nations aimed at training troops in counter- insurgency & counter-terrorism operations under the United Nations
- The joint exercise will enhance defence co-operation and military relations between the two
Honor & Awards
- Who has won the prestigious United Nations Global Climate Action Award in the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ category Infosys.
- Infosys is the only corporate from India to earn the recognition for its efforts to combat climate
- The award will be presented to Infosys at the UN Climate Change Conference (COP25) in Santiago, Chile (December 2019).
- Infosys began its action to combat climate change in 2008 with an assessment of its carbon
- President Ram Nath Kovind honored veteran cricketer with the most effective Swachchta Ambassador Award Sachin
- The award was presented to the master blaster Sachin for utilizing his popularity and fame to ensure India achieves its goal of a Swachh
- The award was presented during the President at the India Today Safaigiri Summit in New
- In 2014, Sachin Tendulkar was honoured with Bharat Ratna becoming the youngest recipient of the highest civilian award in the
- Kyrgyz human rights lawyer wins UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award Azizbek Note:
- A Kyrgyz human rights lawyer whose work has supported the efforts of the Kyrgyz Republic in becoming the first country in the world to end statelessness has been selected as the 2019 winner of the UN Refugee Agency’s Nansen Refugee
- The award includes a commemorative medal and a US$150,000 monetary prize generously donated by the governments of Switzerland and
- According to the ‘Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat 2019’ report, who topped the list of the cleanest railway station in India
- Three railway stations of Rajasthan have been included in the list of top clean railway stations in the
- In the Railway Cleanliness Survey conducted by the Ministry of Railways, Jaipur Junction has come first, Jodhpur railway station ranked second and Durgapura railway station ranked at the third
- A total of 720 stations and were included in the
- The UNESCO has named Mexican actress as a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Indigenous Peoples Yalitza
- Aparicio is committed to the fight against racism and for the rights of women and indigenous peoples. She was chosen to play in Alfonso Cuarón’s film Roma while studying to be a teacher.
- TIME magazine (USA) listed her as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2019
- Jamaican sprint legend won a gold medal in 100m race of 2019 IAAF World Championships in Doha Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce.
- This was her 4th women’s 100 metres world
- She defeated Britain’s European champion Dina Asher-Smith who took silver medal while Marie-Josee Ta Lou finished
- who won a gold medal in 10 metres platform synchronized event at 10th Asian Age Group Championships in Bengaluru
- She smashed her own national record during the qualification round of the Championships with the best attempt of 62.43
- Annu Rani is the current national record holder, with a record of 34m in March 2019.
- Those who touch the automatic qualifying mark of 50m or 12 best performers from Group A and Group B taken together will qualify for the final round.
- England allrounder has been named as the players’ player of the year at the Professional Cricketers’ Association Awards Ben
- All-rounder Stokes played a starring role in England’s maiden ICC World Cup
- He also played a heroic role to help salvage an Ashes draw with
- Somerset’s Tom Banton picked up the PCA Young Player of the Year, while England bowler Sophie Ecclestone collected the Women’s Player of the
- The National Basketball Association installed India’s first-ever floating basketball court in Note:
- The basketball court set up in the Arabian Sea near the Bandra-Worli
- India’s first NBA Game to be held in October
- The first NBA game is scheduled to host from October 4 to October 5 in the SVP Stadium at Dome, NSCI, in
- The matches will be played under the Reliance Foundation Junior NBA
- Under this, the match will be played between the Sacramento Kings and Indiana
- Who became the second Indian bowler to take the fastest 200 wickets in Test cricket Ravindra
- Jadeja achieved the feat when he dismissed centurion Dean Elgar (160) during South Africa’s first innings on the third day, in reply to India’s 502 for 7
- R Ashwin is the fastest Indian bowler to take 200 wickets in Tests He took 200 wickets in 37 Tests. Whereas, Jadeja took 44 Tests to reach the milestone.
- Who has won Japan Open title 2019 Novak
- It was the 10th time Novak Djokovic had won a title on his tournament
- Djokovic has already qualified for next month’s season-ending ATP Finals in
- Who has won the 2019 china open tennis tournament Naomi Note:
- Naomi Osaka won the china open tennis tournament by defeating world number one Ashleigh Barty of
- Two-time Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka emerged victorious after 110 minutes in chilly Beijing, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2.
- This was the third title of 2019 for Osaka and fifth in her short
- Who has won the Hero Indian Women’s Open golf title Christine Note:
- Austria’s Christine Wolf clinched her maiden Indian Women’s Open golf title on 6th October 2019 in Gurugram, Haryana.
- It was Christine’s first title after six years on the Ladies European
- Norway’s Marianne Skarpnord finished as runner-up while England’s Meghan MacLaren finished third in the competition.
- Indian women cricketer has become the first Indian to play 100 T20 International matches Harmanpreet Note:
- She achieves this feat in the sixth T20I against South Africa in
- Harmanpreet Kaur is among 10 female players who have reached the three-figure mark in terms of
- New Zealand’s Suzie Bates and Australia’s Ellyse Perry top the list with 111