➢ The 100-minute film directed by Goran Paskaljevic narrates the tale of a child whose parents drown while trying to migrate to Italy in a rubber boat.
➢ The 50th edition of IFFI witnessed the screening of over 200 best films from 76 countries.
- Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development Sanjay Dhotre has launched the Shala Darpan Portal of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Note:
➢ Shala Darpan provides an integrated platform to meet the educational and administrative needs of all
stakeholders-students, teachers and parents.
➢ This will integrate all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas with a common standard which includes around 636 schools and 2.67 million students.
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has released the fifth edition of Wastelands Atlas – 2019.
➢ The Atlas, published jointly by Department of Land Resources and National Remote Sensing Centre, provides robust geospatial information on wasteland.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu has released the monograph, the Musical Excellence of Mridangam in Chennai.
➢ According to Mr. Naidu, science has the responsibility to add values to ancient musical traditions like Mridangam and to preserve and protect the nation’s cultural heritage.
➢ Mridangam is an instrument made with ordinary and locally available materials but exhibits enormous musical beauty.
➢ The book was authored by mridangam maestro and Padma Vibhushan awardee Umayalpuram K. Sivaraman and former scientists T. Ramasami (former Secretary of the Department of Science and Technology) and M.D. Naresh.
- Who has decided not to be part of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement in the
national interest India.
➢ Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced during his speech at the RCEP Summit in Bangkok.
➢ The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos,
Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) and its six FTA partners (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand).
Important News – State
- According to the Election Commission, Jharkhand assembly polls will be held in five phases between 30th November to 20 December.
➢ The counting of votes will take place on 23rd December.
➢ As per the Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora, the polls to 81-member assembly will be held on November
30, December 7, 12, 16 and 20.
➢ Jharkhand was formed in the year 2000 by dividing Bihar into two-state.
- The National Tribal festival (15-day Aadi Mahotsav) will be held in New Delhi.
➢ The theme of the festival is a celebration of the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine, and commerce.
➢ More than one thousand tribal artisans from 27 states will participate in the event.
➢ The festival will feature exhibition-cum-sale of tribal handicrafts, art, paintings, fabric, jewelry and much more through two hundred stalls.
- The French Development Agency (AFD) and the state govt. have signed an agreement for supporting Phase II of Assam
Project for Forest and Biodiversity Conservation (APFBC) Assam. Note:
➢ The total budget for the second phase is Rs 500 crore.
➢ The project was launched in response to the threats posed by deforestation, poaching, and over-dependence of local communities on forest resources.
- The Indian Railways has installed two ‘Health ATMs’ at the Charbagh railway station in Lucknow.