Important News – India
- Who is placed among the top nations with the most conducive environment for financial inclusion in terms of allowing non-banks to issue e-money India.
➢ As per Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2019 Global Microscope on Financial Inclusion report, the overall environment for financial inclusion has improved globally with India, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay, and Mexico have
the most favorable conditions for inclusive finance.
- Union Minister Shri Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the National symposium to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis in – New
➢ The theme of the symposium was “United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis”.
➢ During the symposium, Dr. Harsh Vardhan signed a ‘Call to Action to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis by 2021’.
➢ 14th edition of National Health Profile (NHP) was also released by health minister during the event.
➢ The Lymphatic Filariasis is a disease caused by a human parasitic worm called Wuchereria Bancrofti and spread by Culex Mosquitoes.
- 5th Indo-German Inter-Governmental Consultations held in –– New Delhi.
➢ Prime Minister Narendra Modi and German Chancellor Angela Merkel co-chaired the 5th Indo-German Inter-Governmental Consultations to strengthen the “very close” relationship between the two countries.
➢ The two leaders also discuss bilateral issues including agriculture economic partnership, trade, and investment.
➢ The countries are also working on opportunities in E-mobility, smart cities, inland waterways, and environmental conservation.
- Who fixed phone call ring time at 30 seconds on mobiles and 60 seconds for landline phones Telecom Regulatory
Authority of Indian (TRAI). Note:
➢ The time duration of alert for an incoming voice call, which is neither answered nor rejected by the called party, shall be thirty seconds for Cellular Mobile Telephone Service and sixty seconds for Basic Telephone Service.
➢ Till now there was no such limit for calls within India.
➢ Telecom operators on their own were reducing incoming call ring time to attract reverse calls from the subscriber of other networks.
- According to a new academic paper- written by Santosh Mehrotra and Jajati K Parida, The total employment during 2011-
12 and 2017-18 declined by 9 million. Note:
➢ It has been published by the Centre of Sustainable Employment at the Azim Premji University.
➢ The paper is based on both the recent “Employment and Unemployment” and “Unincorporated Non‐Agricultural
Enterprise” survey data of the National Sample Survey (NSS).
- Who is collaborating with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to set up a space technology cell at the campus Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
➢ The cell will work for carrying out focused research projects in the space technology domain with specific deliverables.
➢ The IIT Delhi celebrating 50thConvocation on 2 November where Dr. K Sivan, Chairman, ISRO will be the chief guest.
- German multinational conglomerate company has signed a MoU with NTPC Limited to identify, evaluate and set up
reference use cases of hydrogen sector-coupling for various upstream and downstream applications Siemens Limited. Note:
➢ The collaboration is aimed at developing innovative technologies, solutions and techniques to reduce the dependence on Hydrocarbons in India.
➢ Siemens has also inked a separate MoU with TERI for collaboration on technologies to support the energy transition in India including sector-coupling.
- The ministry has Inaugurated National Research Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders AYUSH Ministry
➢ Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated National Research
Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders (NRIUMSD) in Hyderabad.
➢ It is upgraded institutions from the Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine (CRIUM).
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel pledged to invest 1 billion euros over the next five years on environmentally friendly urban mobility in India.