➢ Pavan Kapoor (1990 batch Indian Foreign Service officer) replaced Navdeep Singh Suri, who retired last month.
➢ During his last posting, Mr. Kapoor served as the Ambassador to Israel.
- Senior IPS officer has been appointed as the chairman of the Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI) Aditya Mishra.
➢ The Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI) is a statutory body (created through the Land Ports Authority of India
Act, 2010) working under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
➢ It is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing border infrastructure in India.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA from Panchkula Gian Chand Gupta has been unanimously elected as the Speaker ofHaryana Assembly.
➢ Mr Gupta’s name was proposed by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and seconded by Deputy Chief
Minister Dushyant Chautala.
➢ BJP party stitched an alliance with Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) and managed to get the support of seven independent MLAs in the 90-member Haryana Assembly
- P.S Sreedharan Pillai (65-years) took oath as the Governor of Mizoram.
➢ The Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court ‘Ajai Lamba’ administered the oath of Office and Secrecy at Raj Bhawan
➢ P.S Sreedharan Pillai replaced Governor of Assam Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge- Mizoram).
- The two-day ‘BIMSTEC Conclave’ begins in Visakhapatnam.
➢ Union Minister of State for Shipping Mansukh L. Mandaviya has inaugurated the two-day BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal initiative multi-sector technical and economic cooperation) Conclave at Visakhapatnam.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated two-day mega global investors meet ‘Rising Himachal 2019’ at Dharamshala. Note:
➢ The event has been graced by the presence of top heads of Indian industry and business besides foreign
delegations and Union minister and senior government officials.