- Former judge of the Supreme Court and former Lokayukta of Karnataka passed away – Venkatachala.
➢ Venkatachala was known for bringing to light the existence of Karnataka’s autonomous anti-corruption wing as the Lokayukta by conducting raids on public servants and disclosing their names and particulars of seized assets.
➢ He also functioned as the head of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal under the Unlawful Activities
(Prevention) Act, 1967, during 1990.
➢ He was Lokayukta from July 3, 2001, to July 2, 2006.
- Vetrean Telugu actress passed away due to cardiac arrest Geetanjali Ramakrishna.
➢ She had an illustrious career spanning nearly six decades by doing movies not just in Telugu, but also in other
South Indian languages.
➢ It was legendary actor-politician Jr NTR who had introduced Geetanjali as an actress in his directorial Seetharama Kalyanam, which released in 1961. Shen then went on to prove her mettle as an actress in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Hindi.
➢ Some of her popular works include Seetharama Kalyanam, Deivathin Deivam, Swapnangal, Parasmani, Gudachari
116 and Bobbili Yuddham.
- Veteran communist leader and trade unionist passed away Gurudas Dasgupta.
➢ Dasgupta became a member of the Rajya Sabha in 1985. He was also elected to the Lok Sabha from Panskura and
Ghatal constituencies of West Bengal in 2004 and 2009 respectively.
➢ As a parliamentarian, he was known for his oratory skills and his speeches earned praise from politicians, cutting across party lines
- Noted industrialist & Chairman of Modi Enterprises passed away Krishnan Kumar Modi.
➢ Mr. Modi served as the chairman of Modi Enterprises, which includes companies like Godfrey Phillips, Indofil
Industries and Modicare.
➢ Modi led Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) in 1997 and the president of the confederation of Asia-pacific chambers of commerce and industry (from 2002 to 2006).
➢ He was the eldest son of late Rai Bahadur Gujarmal Modi (founder of the city of Modi Nagar).
- Senior Congress party leader & former Maharashtra minister passed away in Mumbai Babasaheb Dhabekar.