➢ Veteran Hollywood star-actress Dame Judith Olivia Denchwas also honored with the Lifetime Achievement award at the ceremony
- Indian Film star will be honored with the first “Icon of Golden Jubilee Award” at IFFI Rajinikanth.
➢ The IFFI will also confer with the Lifetime Achievement Award for a Foreign Artiste to French Actress Isabelle
➢ The Icon of Golden Jubilee Award is a special award constituted by the Government of India in the year 2019.
- The noted writer has been selected for the 27th Ezhuthachan Puraskaram Anand.
➢ This award is given by the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award and the Government of Kerala.
➢ He’s one of the famous novel is Aalkoottam which portrays the unique crises that the nation had witnessed with a rare finesse.
➢ His Govardhante Yatrakal had won the Kendra Sahitya Akademi award, Veedum Thadavum and Jaina Manushyan
Kerala Sahitya Akademi award and Marubhoomikal Undakunnath, Vayalar award.
- An Indian origin researcher from the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney has won the ‘Early Career
Researcher of the Year Award-2019’ (Physical Sciences) Neeraj Sharma. Note:
The Award has been given by the Australian government for his work in lithium-ion batteries found in electronic devices, electric vehicles, and the grid.
- Who has been chosen for the Italian Golden Sand Art Award 2019 Sudarsan Pattnaik?
➢ He will be felicitated during the International Scorrana Sand Nativity fete in Italy which will be held between 13th and 18th November 2019.
- U.S. based-Indian author Madhuri Vijay’s debut novel, “The Far Field” has won the 2019 JCB prize for Literature.
➢ She also received the Rs 25 lakh as the prize money, a sculpture by Delhi artist duo Thukral & Tagra entitled
➢ The novel published by Fourth estate India.
➢ JCB prize is an annual Indian literary award instituted in 2018 for a distinguished work of fiction by an Indian writer working in English or to a translated fiction by an Indian writer.
- Shripad Naik (Union Minister of State for Defence) inaugurated the DRDO Igniter Complex at High Energy Materials
Research Laboratory (HEMRL) in Pune.
➢ HEMRL (a premier laboratory of DRDO) is primarily engaged in developing rocket and gun propellants,
pyrotechnic devices, high-explosive systems and synthesis of high-energy molecules.
- Who has been crowned ‘Miss Asia Global 2019’ (5th Edition) at Gokulam Convention centre in Kochi, Kerala Sara
➢ Vietnam’s Nguyen Thi Yen Trang was crowned ‘Miss Asia’, while Samiksha Singh (India) won the sub-title of ‘Miss
➢ Miss Asia Global aims to find the most beautiful and talented women from all over the globe.
➢ The ‘Miss Asia Global Title 2020’ will be held in Malaysia.