7. Sunil Paliwal takes charge as Chairman & MD of Kamarajar Port
Sunil Paliwal, a 1993 batch Tamil Nadu Cadre IAS Officer,took charge as
Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Kamarajar Port Ltd. Before this, he was Tamil Nadu Labour and Employment Secretary.
8. PK Mishra appointed principal secretary to PM Modi
P.K. Mishra, currently serving as the additional principal secretary to Narendra Modi, has been appointed as principal secretary to the Prime Minister. P.K. Sinha, officer on special duty in the PMs office, has been appointed principal adviser to the PM.
9. MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank inducted to the managing committee of
Indian Banks’ Association
Mahabaleshwara MS, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Karnataka Bank, has been inducted to the managing committee of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA). He was elected unopposed from the private sector member banks’ category.
10. Rajiv Kumar appointed as Microsoft India (R&D) Managing director
Microsoft has named Rajiv Kumar as managing director of Microsoft India (R&D) who has worked as corporate VP of Microsoft’s Experiences & Devices (E+D) Group, Kumar is taking on this added responsibility from Anil Bhansali.
11. Justice Vikram Nath Appointed as Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court
President of India has appointed Justice Vikram Nath as Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court upon Collegium’s recommendation, which had previously recommended Justice Nath as Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
12. Paytm Money elevates Pravin Jadhav as MD and CEO
Paytm Money, the wholly-owned subsidiary of One97 Communications that owns and operates Paytm has elevated Pravin Jadhav as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, and also plans to invest Rs 250 crore over the next 18-24 months.
13. Manoj Mukund Naravane takes charge as VC of Army staff
Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Naravane took charge of Vice Chief of the Army Staff. Naravane, who was earlier heading the Eastern Command of the Indian Army, succeeds Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu whose term ended recently.
14. Alison Rose to become first female RBS chief executive
Royal Bank of Scotland named Alison Rose as its new chief executive. She will be the 1st woman to lead the bank. Currently, she is the deputy head of RBS group’s Natwest Holdings retail & commercial banking division. She will replace Ross McEwan on Nov 1.
15. IDBI Bank appoints Samuel Joseph as Deputy Managing Director
IDBI Bank’s Board of Directors has approved the appointment of Samuel Joseph Jebaraj as Deputy MD for a period of 3 years. It is the 1st major appointment on the Bank’s Board after the acquisition with LIC. He replaced KP Nair who superannuated in May 2019.
16. IndiGo board appoints advocate Pallavi Shardul Shroff as independent director
IndiGo has approved the appointment of advocate Pallavi Shardul Shroff as an independent woman director in the company. She is currently also a director on the boards of Indian listed companies like Apollo Tyres Ltd., Trident Ltd. and Asian Paints Ltd.