11. PAN-Aadhaar linking date extended to 31 December
According to CBDT, The deadline to link the Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar has been extended till December 31.This is the seventh time that the government has extended the deadline for individuals to link their PAN with Aadhaar. Earlier, the deadline was September 30.
12. Govt to launch enterprise development centres for MSMEs in all districts
Union Micro, small & medium enterprises sector minister Nitin Gadkari will launch enterprise development centres (EDCs) similar to incubators for start-ups tol help new and existing businesses develop by providing services like management training etc.
News: Most Important
1. Documentary Film on Life of Uttarakhand Farmer Nominated for Oscars
Moti Bagh, a documentary film directed by Nirmal Chander Dandriyal, based on the struggle of a farmer in a remote Himalayan village, has been nominated for the Oscars, announced by Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat.
2. Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Gully Boy’ is India’s official entry for the Oscars
As per Film Federation of India (FFI), Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, with protagonist Ranveer Singh as an aspiring rapper, has been selected as India’s official entry in the International Feature Film category at the Oscars.
3. Qatar unveils 2022 FIFA World Cup logo
Qatar unveiled the logo for the 2022 World Cup which will be hosted by the Gulf emirate, displaying it in public spaces in Doha and cities around the world. It was inspired by traditional woollen shawls worn during the winter months in Qatar.
4. Petronet to invest $2.5 bn in Tellurian’s Louisiana project
Tellurian Inc. has signed a $7.5 billion agreement for India’s Petronet LNG Ltd to
buy a stake in its proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Louisiana. Petronet will spend $2.5 bn. for an 18% equity stake in the $28 billion Driftwood LNG terminal.
5. AIIB to invest 1.09 bln USD in ASEAN countries to boost interconnectivity
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank will invest in 6 projects with 1.09 billion
U.S.D in countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). In the past 4 years, AIIB has invested a total of 1 bn. dollars in 10 projects in 6 ASEAN countries.