BPSC Syllabus 2019
For BPSC Syllabus, one needs to know about the new BPSC Exam Pattern. To get recruited through Bihar Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three stages of the exam which are as follows:
BPSC Pre Exam
BPSC Main Exam
BPSC Syllabus, therefore, can be broadly divided into two parts; BPSC Prelims Syllabus for BPSC Prelims Exam and BPSC Mains Syllabus for BPSC Mains Exam.
Phase I: BPSC Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
The preliminary examination of BPSC comprises of objective type questions. The applicants will be given multiple choices for each question. There will be a total of 150 questions, each carrying 1 mark i.e. total marks assigned for the preliminary examination is 150. The duration of the examination will be two hours i.e. 120 minutes. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only and the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination, will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
BPSC Syllabus for Prelims Exam
1. General Science
2. Current events of national and international importance
3. History of India & Bihar
4. Polity and Economy of India
5. The economy of Bihar After Independence
6. Indian National Movement and Bihar Contribution in INM
7. Geography of India & Bihar
8. General Mental Ability
Phase II: BPSC Syllabus for Mains Exam
For the Written Examination, there are four papers in BPSC Main Examination. The Papers include Hindi, General Studies Paper 1, General Studies Paper 2 & one Optional Paper. The total marks assigned to the Written Examination are 900. The applicants will have to obtain at least 30 % marks in Hindi paper which will be qualifying in nature. The marks obtained in the Mains Examination by the Candidates will determine the merit list for the Interview stage.
BPSC Syllabus for Mains Exam
General Studies Paper I and Paper II will cover the following areas of knowledge:
General Studies Paper I
1. Modern History of India & India Culture
2. Current Events of national and international importance
3. Statistical analysis, graph, and diagrams
General Studies Paper-II
1. Indian Polity
2. Indian Economy and Geography of India
3. The role and impact of science & technology in the development of India.
BPSC Exam Pattern 2019 for Prelims
The preliminary examination consists of one objective type paper (multiple choice questions). This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination, candidates will be declared qualified for Main Examination. The final merit list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in the Main Examination and Interview.
- Question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which the only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record correct answers in the answer booklet provided.
- The question paper consists of 150 questions of 1 mark each. The total marks for the paper will be 150 and the time duration for the paper will be 2 hours.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
|Paper||Total Questions||Duration of Exam||Max Marks|
|Paper 1||150 (1 marks ques)||2 hrs||150|
BPSC Exam Pattern 2019 for Mains
Main Examination will be a written examination. The Written examination will consist of four papers of conventional essay type questions.
- Each paper will be of three hours duration.
- The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type.
- The total marks assigned to the Written Examination are 900.
- The applicants will have to obtain at least 30% marks in Hindi paper which will be qualifying in nature.
|Question Paper||Subjects||Duration of Exam||Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies Paper 1||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Paper-II||General Studies Paper 2||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Paper III||Optional Paper||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Total||9 hrs.||900 Marks|
The applicants must choose their optional subjects wisely. The optional papers may comprise of following subjects
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Mathematics|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Political Science & International Relations|
|Electrical Engineering||Public Administration|